What Is The Free College Benefit?
The Free College Benefit is an investment in you and your future. With the Free College Benefit, union members and their families do not have to pay out of pocket for any tuition, fees, or e-books to earn select degrees and certificates at Eastern Gateway Community College and other participating colleges resulting in cost savings of thousands of dollars!
The benefit works as a “last-dollar scholarship,” or grant or waiver, that is intended to fill the gap between any federal, state, or employer education grants you receive and the cost of tuition, fees, and e-books for certain online degree programs at Eastern Gateway Community College (and other partner colleges). It does require an investment of your time and attention!
Who is Eligible, are My Family Members Eligible?
The following are eligible:
• Dues-paying labor union members of participating unions
• Unemployed, furloughed, laid-off union members
• Retired union members
• Widows/widowers of union members
• Spouses and domestic partners of union members
• Children of union members, including stepchildren and children-in-law (no age limits)
• Grandchildren of union members
• Financial dependents of union members
• Siblings of union members
• Parents of union members
Is This For Real?
It is for real and a valuable benefit for union members and their families! Thousands of students have taken advantage of this great opportunity since Fall 2015.
Tell Me About Eastern Gateway Community College.
Eastern Gateway Community College is a public, open-access college with campuses in Steubenville and Youngstown, OH. The college is part of the University System of Ohio and governed by the Ohio Department of Higher Education. EGCC is committed to innovation and increasing quality educational opportunities for students all across the country. The faculty and staff of EGCC is union-represented by the Ohio Education Association.
Which Programs Are Offered Through The Scholarship Program?
For detailed program information, please visit www.egcc.edu
Associate Degree and Certificate Programs offered through Free College:
• Associate of Arts
• Criminal Justice
• Teacher Education Degree
• Patient Home Navigator
• Professional Office Management
• Business Management Degree
• Focus options include:
• Cyber Security
• Data Science
• Digital and Social Media
• Healthcare Management
• Hospitality: Food and Beverage Management
• Hospitality: Hotel and Event Management
• Human Resources Management
• Information Systems
• Labor Studies
• Programming & Development
What Do I Do Next?
Submit an inquiry form online by clicking here and begin the application process. You may also call 888-590-9009 to talk to an admission counselor, or email online@FreeCollegeBenefit.org.